Luckily there is an easy solution: be ready with some high quality, energy sustaining snacks. In order for your snack to give you the best energy possible, consider these guidelines:
- Include clean protein such as nuts, seeds, chick peas, and beans.
- Go with whole grains because the fiber will help to slow down the absorption of glucose.
- Check that all ingredients are unprocessed.
- Steer clear of refined carbs and sugars.
- Avoid anything with artificial ingredients, especially artificial sweeteners!
And for a homemade version of Kind Bars this recipe from "The Nourishing Home" for fruit and nut bars looks amazing!!